Family is everything. No one's meant to be alone, and family quotes can bring your emotions about some of life's closest bonds to life. Family might drive you crazy, but at the end of the day, they're the ones who are there to support you, bring you positive encouragement, and love you through all that life brings.
The right family sayings can help you connect with others, give a shout-out to all the beautiful moments and happy times, and remind us of the incredible resilience and strength that families can have when challenges creep in. From short family love quotes to sweet and positive sayings about the power of family, these cute expressions can inspire, bring joy, and highlight how meaningful family is. Share the love in a fun way with cute quotes about family that help you remember that just like life isn't perfect, neither is family. And that's ok. Your family's antics might drive you mad sometimes, but the best family quotes can help lighten the burden of stressful situations and let you express the love you feel for your family, despite the rough patches that arise now and again.
Fun and Cute Family Quotes
Cute family quotes express all the ups and downs of family relationships with fun phrases. No family is perfect, and you can get a little tongue in cheek when you use cute sayings to share how you feel about your family. Whether you send it in a text, post it on social media, or put it in a card or caption, fun family quotes are lighthearted expressions that aren't afraid to call out some of the quirks that families know all too well. Though at times you may want something more serious and sentimental, like special quotes about loving your husband or unique love quotes for your children, sometimes the best family sayings spell it out in a cute way that proves families don't have to take themselves too seriously.
- 9 Summer Family Fun Ideas Everyone Can Enjoy
- 100+ Inspirational Family and Friends Quotes
- 100+ Funny and Meaningful Sister Quotes
- Family ties mean that no matter how much you might want to run from your family, you can't.
- The bigger your family, the bigger your problems.
- Family is like that annoying itch you can't scratch.
- Caller ID was invented for family screening.
- Family is a blessing. Just keep saying that when you are irritated by something a family member does or says.
- It only takes two to make a family.
- The love of your family wraps around you like a blanket, hugging you no matter the distance.
- A family that eats s'mores together sticks together.
- A good family is like an old recipe. You just keep making tweaks until you get it right.
- Family is a snow cone on a hot summer day.
- There's no fairy tale family, but there are plenty of magical moments.
- The best families are the ones that forget there's an "I" in family.
- A family without chaos is like a summer without sun.
- What's shared in family group chat, stays in family group chat.
- Popcorn and families have a lot in common. When they're close together and the heat is on, things can get explosive.
- Family togetherness means someone's always ready to write the next chapter in the family story.
- Forgiveness and family go together like burgers and fries.
- A family who disagrees, cares.
- You inherited a piece of everyone in your family. If you insult them, you insult yourself.
- Families are the umbrellas in the storms of life.
Short and Sweet Family Quotes
Despite the arguments and sarcasm that often come with family life, there are plenty of sweet and special times, too. So, sweet family quotes should have a place in everyone's cache of sayings. Those little moments can mean the world when it comes to those you're closest to. Whether it's a memory from a family vacation gone right or recalling all those moments when your family was there for you no matter what, these short and sweet family quotes can capture just the right sentiments when you're feeling a little softhearted. Share these touching family sayings when you want to show them your love in a sweet way. Good family quotes don't have to be lengthy, either; these candy-coated, short quotes about family make the most of every word.
- Once a mother, always a mother.
- Family knows your flaws but loves you, anyway.
- Love your family as you love yourself.
- Family makes you who you are and who you aren't.
- God wouldn't have given you a family if He didn't think you needed it.
- Family is the heart of a home.
- Love starts with family.
- A family takes care of their own.
- The strength of family isn't determined by the number of members, but rather by the amount of love given and received.
- Family is forever.
- There is no love greater than the love shared within a family.
- Your family will always hold your heart.
- Family is there to support you and honor your decisions.
- No matter what happens, a family will always have your back.
- A family is the purest form of love and acceptance.
- No one knows you better than your family does.
- Love, honesty, and connection are cultivated in a family.
- The bond between a parent and child is unbreakable.
- A family that supports one another thrives.
- Connections within a family are powerful forces of nature.
Sayings & Quotes About Family Love
The bond of love found in the family is hard to replicate and deny. There are so many layers in a family dynamic and among the different relationships, it can seem like a crazy unfinished puzzle at times. But, family love quotes can showcase the unifying factor that always draws families back together and keeps them strong - love. Whether it's for a special occasion or you just want to shout out how much you care for your family group, these short family love quotes get to the heart of it all. Remind your loving family that they mean everything to you with a saying that offers a colorful expression of your affection.
- The river of love in families flows deep.
- Love is the string that ties families together.
- Families are bonded by unbreakable love.
- Family is your heart. You feel them with every beat.
- The love of family can never be shattered.
- When you are lost in the darkness, the love of your family is the light that guides you through.
- Your family's love is the rock that holds you steady during the storm.
- You don't have to be close to feel the love of your family. It's always in your heart.
- The light of love your family radiates can bring a smile to your face even on the hardest of days.
- Where there is family, there is love.
- Family love is never broken.
- Tears flow from the eyes of loved ones the day you're born, and the day you pass.
- A loving family is woven together with an indestructible thread.
- Families are the ears to listen, the shoulders to cry on, and the hearts to love you when the world lets you down.
- A loving family adds color to the canvas of your world.
- Life without family is like a poem without words or music without notes.
- The fabric of family is stitched with love, laughter, and tears.
Beautiful Family Quotes & Sayings
There are moments of inexplicable joy and wonder when it comes to family. When the feelings in your heart are overflowing with joy or you're feeling blessed to have your family in your life, these moving and beautiful family quotes can capture all the emotions that come with being thankful for your family. Families might argue, but they love and sacrifice and fight for one another, too, and these short and beautiful quotes about family bring all that magnificence to life.
- All families are different and unique, but they all have one thing in common - love.
- Families should celebrate each member's unique identity.
- No matter how big or small the family, what matters most is love.
- A family is a group of people who love unconditionally.
- Through ups and downs, a family will stand by each other.
- A family creates a safe space for each member to grow and develop into the person they are meant to be.
- There is no more powerful love than one a parent feels for their child.
- A family is who you choose to be by your side and love unconditionally.
- It's hard to put into words just how much love a parent feels for their child.
- No matter what a family looks like, it is always filled with love.
Family Support Quotes to Lift You Up
If there is one thing you can rely on your family for, it's support. They're there for you during even the darkest times. You might have moments when you were supportive of others in your family, even when it wasn't easy, as well as times when they've shown up for you. The fact is, family is often there for you when no one else is, and encouraging and uplifting family quotes can paint the perfect picture of what family support means. When life gets hard, use these family support quotes to say thank you to your family, stay strong, and capture all the strength and understanding that comes with having a loving family.
- My family gives me the wings to fly above the darkness and find the light.
- The love of your family is a hug that can cross oceans.
- Even when you are sad, your mother's voice can wrap around you like a soothing hug.
- The unconditional love of family is an invisible hand holding you up.
- The circle of your family keeps you grounded.
- Your family's love is a superpower. It gives you the strength to overcome mountains of doubt.
- Family holds you up when you are afraid you are going to drown.
- If you feel like you're falling apart, your family is there to hold you together. It's called a hug.
- What you can't do alone, family can help you achieve.
- When the winds of time are creating chaos, family is the anchor that holds you steady.
- Family gives you the roots to stand tall and strong.
- In a family, the sadness of one is the sadness of all.
Happy Family Quotes for Real Life
There's tremendous joy that families can bring, but the truth is that a perfectly happy family isn't always possible, at least not all of the time. These happy family quotes give a cute nod to what it might take, or look like, to have a happy family in real life when perfection just isn't possible. Next time you want to encourage a family member or friend to remember what real happiness looks like, share one of these sweet sayings about family.
- Happy families are built on strong foundations and unlimited hugs.
- Finding a family that's always happy is like finding Bigfoot.
- A happy family isn't one that never fights; it's one that always makes up when the fight is over.
- Love, patience, and understanding: these are the secrets to happy families.
- A happy family isn't defined by what they have, it's how they share it.
- Making everyone in the family happy at one time is like winning the lottery: it could happen, but the chances are slim.
- Strong families aren't just about a happy ending, they're in it for the next adventure.
- The happiest families know that wealth isn't measured in money.
- If there was one thing every happy family had in common, it would be great therapy.
- Happy families know that true happiness is built by sticking together through the hard times.
- Family might be a zoo, but everyone's always happy at feeding time.
- Happy families solve problems and celebrate success.
- When it comes to family, happiness means letting go of perfection.
Are you InTheKnow?
Sign up for our newsletter featuring all the latest stories and products we love.
Blended Family Quotes to Cherish
Every family looks a little different, but the bonds are there no matter what form it takes. In fact, it's that uniqueness that makes each one special. Share your unique family with the world through these quotes about blended families.
- It's not a title that makes us family, it's the love we share.
- Family love is a string connecting your heart to mine. It has nothing to do with blood.
- You are my family. It doesn't matter how we came to be. It's the love we share.
- Family is a divine connection by love of one heart to another.
- You are my family because I love you with all my heart.
- It's the differences within our family that make us unique.
- In our family, there is no such thing as step or half. Family is family.
- We aren't a blended family. We are a uniquely perfect family.
- Family is a collection of people that love one another deeply.
- All families begin with love. Love is all that matters.
Cute Quotes to Use as Captions for Family Photos
Having the perfect family caption can make a photo perfect. Try out these cute family quotes to show how much you cherish your family in your next snap; since there's not much that can make an incredible family photo even better besides a fantastic caption. From witty and fun quotes about family to those short family quotes perfectly suited to caption your adorable pictures, there's a sweet expression for every string of photos you share.
- You always leave a piece of your heart at home.
- In our family, normal is so overrated.
- The love of family radiates from our eyes.
- This smile is brought to you by family love.
- The outfit doesn't matter. The smiling family does.
- Happiness is made at home.
- You don't know how hard it was to capture that smile.
- An imperfectly perfect family moment.
- Love, chaos, and hugs make our family complete.
- It's not about the captured moment but the family memories it invokes.
Famous Quotes About Family
Over the years, well-known people have come up with humorous and often thought-provoking quotes about family. Whether the famous family quotes are from writers, actors, or celebrities, they're likely to encourage you to view your family from new, amusing, or refreshing perspectives. Impress your relatives with one of these famous quotes about family next time you want to show off your repertoire of good family sayings.
- "I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap." - Rodney Dangerfield
- "When your mother asks, 'Do you want a piece of advice?' it's a mere formality. It doesn't matter if you answer yes or no. You're going to get it anyway." - Erma Bombeck
- "There's nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy. Or more exasperated. Or more... secure." - Jim Butcher
- "Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum." - Rick Riordan
- "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." - George Burns
- "That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable." - Deb Caletti
- "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain
- "I find the family the most mysterious and fascinating institution in the world." - Amos Oz
- "The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended and not to take a hint when a hint isn't intended." - Robert Frost
- "Family: a social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space." - Evan Esar
- "The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst." - Marge Kennedy
Appreciate Your Family With Sweet Sayings
During trying times, tongue-in-cheek phrases, like sister or brother quotes, funny quotes about siblings, or quotes about aunts, uncles, cousins, and other family members can help you develop a more positive, resilient attitude. During good times and family milestones, a sentimental quote or a family motto can deepen your appreciation for your loved ones. Whether you're choosing beautiful quotes about family to share a heartfelt sentiment for a special occasion, texting a friend a happy family saying for encouragement, or laughing with your closest loved ones over cute, fun expressions, you can make the best of any situation with loving family sayings.
Decide on the best family quotes to use for everything from cards to captions to inspire and keep your family going strong. However you use them, good family quotes emphasize the quirks and blessings of being together, so revel in the beauty that every unique family has and celebrate life's little moments every day.
Trending on LoveToKnow
© 2023 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.
What is the best family quote ever? ›
"My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what's important to me." "Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them out and enjoy their riches." "The memories we make with our family is everything." "Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home."What makes a family strong quotes? ›
- Families are the compass that guides us. ...
- My family is my strength and my weakness.
- Where the roots are deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.
- We must take care of our families wherever we find them. - ...
Family Messages About Bonding
Life is better with a loving and caring family, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have such a family. Life appears to be perfect for you and those around you. I hope we can always be together. We're all different people united by the glue known as 'love.
- Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. - ...
- Life is a long lesson in humility. - ...
- In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - ...
- Love the life you live. ...
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. -
Storge is familial love. Storge is the natural love that family members have for one another. Of all of the types of love, storge might be the easiest to understand. It is the type of love that parents feel toward their children and vice versa.What is the best quote for love? ›
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – ...
- “You call it madness, but I call it love.” – ...
- “We can only learn to love by loving.” – ...
- “A life lived in love will never be dull.” – ...
- “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – ...
- “All you need is love.” – ...
- “True love stories never have endings.” –
Family: A family is a group of two or more persons related by birth, marriage, or adoption who live together; all such related persons are considered as members of one family.What are 5 good quotes? ›
- "I have a dream." ...
- "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - ...
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - ...
- "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." -
Family is defined as a group of people consisting children, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.What are some strong quotes? ›
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – ...
- “Surprise yourself everyday with your own courage.” – ...
- “Courage is only an accumulation of small steps.” – ...
- “I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today.” – ...
- “Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.
What is a slogan for family? ›
“The love of a family is life's greatest blessings.” “Families are like fudge – mostly sweet with a few nuts.” “To understand your parents' love, you must raise children yourself.”What makes a family strong and happy? ›
Strong families: what they are and why they're important
warmth, care and positive attention. good communication. a predictable family environment. connections to other people outside the family.
- “In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, bridge to our future.” ...
- “Families are the compass that guides us. ...
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.” ...
- “Spread love. ...
- “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” ...
- “A man should never neglect his family for business.”
- The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. ...
- I myself never feel that I'm sexy. ...
- Cute is when a person's personality shines through their looks. ...
- People see me as cute, but I'm so much more than that. ...
- Don't try to be what you're not. ...
- I don't get cute, I get drop-dead gorgeous.
“Life is not always perfect. Like a road, it has many bends, ups and down, but that's its beauty.” “I marveled at the beauty of all life and savored the power and possibilities of my imagination.What is one word of love? ›
OTHER WORDS FOR love
1 tenderness, fondness, predilection, warmth, passion, adoration. 2 liking, inclination, regard, friendliness. 15 like. 16 adore, adulate, worship.
Words related to happy
cheerful, contented, delighted, ecstatic, elated, glad, joyful, joyous, jubilant, lively, merry, overjoyed, peaceful, pleasant, pleased, satisfied, thrilled, upbeat, apt, fortunate.
Word family (noun) beautician beauty (adjective) beautiful (adverb) beautifully.What is the best saying in life? ›
- " The purpose of our lives is to be happy." — Dalai Lama.
- " Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." — John Lennon.
- " Get busy living or get busy dying." — Stephen King.
- " You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." — Mae West.
- " ...
- " ...
- " ...
1. a deep and tender feeling of affection for or attachment or devotion to a person or persons. 2. an expression of one's love or affection.
How do you express deep love quotes? ›
- “I am here, I will always be here. ...
- “When I first got together with you I did not expect our love to run this deep. ...
- “My bounty is as boundless as the sea. ...
- “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.” – ...
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
- I have a wonderful family. ...
- I live with my grandparents and parents. ...
- My father is an engineer. ...
- My grandfather is a doctor and my grandmother is a housewife.
- My uncle and aunt are lawyers. ...
- We love each other.
- We go for picnics on holidays.
- We eat dinner together every evening.
Family is important because they can offer support and security coupled with unconditional love; they will always look to see and bring out the best in you even if you cannot see it for yourself.What are 10 good quotes? ›
The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. The best way to predict the future is to create it. Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.Which is the best line ever? ›
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” “This above all: to thine own self be true.” “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.”What is a easy sentence for family? ›
Use “family” in a sentence
There are five people in my family. He took his family to the zoo. I want to spend more time with my family. My family has been living on the farm for many years.
- Our family is very small.
- There are 6 people in our family.
- My grandmother, my grandfather my mother, my father, and my elder sister.
- My sister is 3 years older than me.
- We both study in the same school.
- My elder sister helps me in school work.
1) My family consists of four members. 2) My family always supports me. 3) I share my feelings with them. 4) My family teaches me good habits.What are some heart touching quotes? ›
Heart Touching Love Quotes with Images
“Happy is the moment when we sit together, with two forms, two faces yet one soul.” “You & I.” “I can't replace you because there is no one like you.” “Stay with me forever because i want to end my life with you.”
What are the best wise quotes? ›
- “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” — ...
- “Opportunities don't happen, you create them.” — ...
- “Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.” — ...
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” —
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” “When you have a dream, you've got to grab it and never let go.” “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”What is a good quote about bonding? ›
“Bond is stronger than blood. The family grows stronger by bond.” “Connecting with someone is not necessarily a bond with a significant other, or even a friend, but can be the indefinable - perhaps the rarest and most precious thing in life to find at all.”What makes a family special? ›
Respect Makes a Family
Respect makes a family happy, whole, and thriving. We may not always agree with the choices our family members make on a day-to-day basis or in life, however, family respects and cherishes those differences. Our differences are what make us special.
Strong family values are the foundation of a happy and loving household. These shared ideals shape a family's morals, priorities, structures, and traditions. Many parents instill good family values in their children to help them develop into kind, responsible citizens.What brings families together? ›
- Schedule Time.
- Share Meals.
- Do Chores Together.
- Create a Mission Statement.
- Have Family Meetings.
- Encourage Support.
- Schedule Downtime.
- Volunteer Together.
- “You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” — ...
- “Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.” — ...
- “Don't settle for average. ...
- “Show up, show up, show up, and after a while the muse shows up, too.” — ...
- “Don't bunt.
- “ May the Force be with you.” - Star Wars, 1977.
- “ There's no place like home.” - The Wizard of Oz, 1939.
- “ I'm the king of the world!” - ...
- “ Carpe diem. ...
- “ Elementary, my dear Watson.” - ...
- “ It's alive! ...
- “ My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. ...
- “ I'll be back.” -
the happy family means the son and daughter filial,the mother and father healthy. the career is success. the happy family means the son and daughter filial,the mother and father healthy.What is happiness for family? ›
Strong, happy families create a sense of well being within the family and in each family member. Wellbeing includes a person's physical, mental, emotional and social health. Strong, happy families encourage and support each other to be optimistic, hopeful and to strive together to achieve individually and as a family.
What are some amazing quotes? ›
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.”What is love in a family? ›
In the context of family love, the term “love” refers to bonds characterized by deep affection, respect, loyalty, and healthy attachment. Family relationships are different from other types of bonds.What is a very powerful quote? ›
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr.What is the most positive quote? ›
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall” – Confucius.
- “Magic is believing in yourself. ...
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney.
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure…